How to update Cooper i7 to Lollipop 5.0 | [VIDEO]

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ljzljz 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    JoseRPG
    JoseRPG

Hello guys,

how to update Cooper i7 to Lollipop 5.0 step by step, if you have any issue upgrading, just write a comment here below.

Download links:

1. ROM | http://www.siswoo.com/downloads/i7/i7_Lollipop_20150516.zip

2. Flashtool | http://www.siswoo.com/software/SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1436.00.000.rar

3. Driver | http://www.siswoo.com/software/Driver.rar

:)

Enjoy ¡¡

IMPORTANT:

If you are using windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then you need to check this link in order to install DRIVER correctly.

http://goo.gl/QiM1CE

Source | patchworkoftips.com

:)

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by JoseRPG JoseRPG.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Admin - William.

mdabar
    Participant

Hi JoseRPG,

I use Linux so first I tried with Windows in a VirtualMachine, but it didn’t work, since never recognized it.

Then I discovered that there is a version of SP Flash Tool for Linux, which at least recognized the phone, but then after a few seconds disconnected, so nothing to do neither.

Finally in a laptop with Windows 7, I have followed all the steps, at first it never recognized, I also tried with a different USB cable. The I realized that in the “Options” menu there is a place for “Connection” and you can select “With Battery” , I tried that one and miracle! it suddenly recognized the phone and started downloading.
    But once it arrives to 33% it stops and give me a 3149 error… which I haven’t been able to solve. It goes very fast until that point, but after reaching 33% it doesn’t move and after 30 more seconds the screen with the error.

Any ideas? now it doesn’t start. Only shows the SISWOO logo.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mdabar
    Participant

Hi again,

At the end I downloaded the 4.4.4 Stock ROM and installed it. It worked perfectly, and the phone botted correctly. So I wiped everything and tried to install again the Lollipop ROM, but again the same error. Stuck at the 33%.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,

mdabar
    Participant

Hi there,
    Still no answer from your side :-/

As I told you, I finally installed KitKat 4.4.4 the issue is that after doing the change, I have lost my IMEIs, so now the phone cannot connect to the mobile networks :-/ I’m trying to repair it following different instructions on the web…

Can you please check or advice about the issues updating to Lollipop?
    Thanks,

JoseRPG
    JoseRPG

Hello @mdabar,

sorry for not replying you before now, but I was away.

If you tried exactly the steps I showed on my video using exactly the same applications and links I shared then just contact to me by twitter (@m3n3chm0) or Hangouts (m3n3chm0@gmail.com) these days at night after 21:00 p.m. spanish time :) , and I’ll try to flash your phone remotely. It has to work like a charm ¡¡

See you soon ¡¡

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by JoseRPG JoseRPG.

Bazuka
    Participant

To replace the imei just type in the dial pad *#your imei 1#6666# and *#your imei 2#7777#, when you place the last # it will show a message and ask to reboot, in order to assume the imei.

This happens because lolipop does not need the NVram files, and it has deleted them when you were trying to update.

JoseRPG
    JoseRPG

Thanks @Bazuka

but when I input in the dial pad mi IMEI nothing happens.

For example:

*#123456789012345#6666#*#123456789098745#7777#

Any clue ¿?

mdabar
    Participant

I solved the issue by using MobileUncleTools with the Engineer Mode… but you need to be ROOT before, what I did using KingRoot.

jed
    Participant

The driver cannot be installed on my Win7.
    Starting with right click – as Admin – the it says

Dirver Installer 1.0 (yes, spelled like this !!)
    Win7
    The system cannot find the right path.

Is it Possible to use the OTA tool provided with the phone? It says there is an update available, but the download does not work. Can’t I just download it from the Website and use it to install it with the ‘local’ option?

How does the zip have to look like?

Would it be correct to create a zip with the following files in its root?:
    boot.img
    cache.img
    lk.bin
    logo.bin
    MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
    preloader_h316b.bin
    recovery.img
    secro.img
    system.img
    trustzone.bin
    userdata.img

?? Please help

aiacox
    Participant

@jed
    If you have a linux box try with SP flash for linux, you can download it from needrom.
    For me it works out of box…

ljzljz
    Participant

Hello guys,
    Does anybody get an idea about how to update from a rooted kitkat i7 to lollipop from sdcard? My micro usb port is out of service, I suppose there is a way do to so but for the moment I don’t find out. SP Flash Tools has to work from cable…
    Thx you all
    Ljzljz

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.