TWRP Recovery Siswoo C55 6753 + Root

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  samy234 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Jimmys
    Participant

Hello to all,

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/FF6V/cnLe6jDpx

MfG!

yannou75
    Participant

Hi,

when I go to your recovery I can’t do anything, the digitizer isn’t OK.

Cheech666
    Participant

Hello,

Recovery is booting but you can’t use it nothing is “clickable” like yannou75 said the digitizer is not working at all :((((

Frescob
      Participant

hello, how did you get to that menu?

Jimmys
    Participant

@Yannou75,
    @Cheech666,

Yes, U r right.
    By far we get only this.
    Pls, use OTG+Mouse. It works. I got Root.

BR!

yannou75
    Participant

Work very well with a mouse in OTG, thank you !

Cheech666
    Participant

Yes thank you used a mouse with OTG too… worked like a charm… rooting the phone this way is as simple as taking a breath ^^

Wakelock Detector, MTK Tools and Greenify now working as i am used to… yeeehaaa

Thanks again!

Frescob
    Participant

Hello , I downloaded the file but … I do not know how to proceed, as I reach the i terface .where do I use the mouse with otg ?

Frescob
      Participant

hola , could you please tell me how to enter the menu to use the mouse with otg ?

Jimmys
      Participant

Hola Frescob,

1. Take pls an OTG cable and insert an USB Mouse into the OTG Cable
      2. Insert pls the OTG Cable (with connected USB Mouse) into the device’s USB charging connector.
      3. A mouse’s pointer must appear on the display.
      4. Use this pointer (the Mouse) to enter submenu.

BR!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Jimmys.

Frescob
      Participant

Hi , thanks for your reply , but still not clear to me … as I turn off the phone and press a few keys ?.I can go to recovery, but the menu is not where I use the mouse

nokia7190
    Participant

download link to file extracts two folders: TWRP.Recovery.C55.6753+Root and TWRP.Recovery.Siswoo.C55.6753+Root. Which is the right one?

Consti
    Participant

Hey Guys.
    Can someone please explain how to install the TWRP on my C55? I don’t find a version for the phone.
    Thanks

Consti
      Participant

Hey,
      I’m waiting for my otg cable now – 😀

Did anyone try this method ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66e-kwvKUU
      Jimmy you said there where issues with CWM on the 6753?

Jimmys
      Participant

Hello Consti,

Yes, I did, but this programm was not able to connect (It was Siswoo i7) the phone.

CWM works on Siswoo C50 (only LP5.1) and does not work on Siswoo C55.

BR!

Consti
    Participant

Thanks,
    I’ll try to flash the TWRP tonight.
    I still have one question: When i connect my phone to the MTK Droid Tool it doesn’t show an IMEI – Will this be a problem using TWRP ? (see screenshot) – Does anyone have an idea why it wouldn’t show the IMEI?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jimmys
      Participant

IMHO U should have the Root to see all the info (not only IMEI, but display driver etc) in Droid Tool.

BTW What driver’s version do U use ?

In this att photo does C55 already have TWRP or not?

MfG!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Jimmys.

Consti
    Participant

No the phone is stock. nothing installed so far. no TWRP (tried to root with kingroot – didn’t work)
    I just wondered because in the Tutorial the IMEI is shown with non rooted phones.
    The drivers version is PDAnet 4.18. Do you have a better one?

Jimmys
      Participant

1. TWRP ruls, KingoRoot – … Nobody knows what KingoRoot is exectly doing on Ur PC… I got the Root using TWRP – it works.
      2. Maybe U r right
      3. This was a point I had asked U. I tried to use a lot of drivers but no result. U must be the 1st who could really set the connection with Droid Tool. So, like I can see, U have the best drivers…

MfG!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Jimmys.

Consti
    Participant

OK. Why are there two folders in the .rar? which scatter should one use?
    Thanks so much for your help!

Jimmys
      Participant

It was my fault – the folders are the same.

There are 3 files inside:

1. scatter.txt
      2. recovery.img
      3. SuperSUprov2.49.zip

U copy SuperSUprov2.49.zip inside in the phone.
      Choose this scatter and flash only recovery.img
      Enter TWRP and from submenu “Install from ZIP” execute SuperSUprov2.49.zip

MfG!

Consti
    Participant

Sweet, worked out fine. any solutions for the missing maps library so far?

terrandroid
    Participant

i did a factory reset and flashed twrp recovery, then i booted the phone into recovery and flashed the supersu/root zip file. and whe neverthin was finished i booted the phone and tried to install my apps but i cant install any apps from google play nor from download folder, i checked “install from unknown sources” but that is not working either.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  terrandroid.

terrandroid
    Participant

Finally my phone is working g again, but only with this firmware version siswoo_c55_v01_20150716-123330.
    When is try to update to the latest version with widget fix from 20151015 at first boot and no root it works just fine but when I try to root I cannot install any app from playstore nor from browser downloads.

jedebarbieri
    Participant

Please, I need more help than it’s shown here. I’ve already installed the drivers. I’ve opened the SP Flash Tools and selected the scatter file correctly. I press the download button and then I connect the phone but nothing happens.
    Is it necessary to shutdown the phone and turn it on in bootloader mode? I have tried this too and appears 3 options: “Recovery” “Fastboot” and “normal” No one works.
    Please, I need someone to tell me the steps I must follow to get my device rooted.

jedebarbieri
      Participant

I finally got to install the twrp recovery. I needed to remove the battery and then plug the usb cable after press the “Download” button. But when I try to install the SuperSu, it seems to do without any errors but still unrooted. Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jedebarbieri.

jedebarbieri
    Participant

Hello,
    I need you help me. I have already installed the TWRP and copied the SuperSU zip file into the phone internal storage. It seems to install correctly in the bootloader, but when I reboot the phone, the SuperSU app doesn’t appear and the Root checker says that I don’t have root permissions.
    Is necessary to wipe some partitions? What am I doing wrong? :'(

Ginge326
    Participant

jedebarbieri,
    I too have had a great deal of difficulty rooting the c55. This forum seems to be closed for the most part unless somebody has discovered something new and failed to report it. The mtk6753 chipset is relatively new. That being said, I don’t think anybody has found a surefire way to root it with a 100% success rate, and nobody has found the magic system or order that will accomplish this. That said, it may also help to know that siswoo is a chinese based brand, but there are also knock-off being produced that look and feel the same, but the low level programming and circuitry is actually a bit different. My siswoo is a knockoff. And as a result, it is programmed in chinese. In a different programming language than most of these solutions are designed parse or compile the language. So, short of a program written by the same author, or a way to decrypt and translate the code, many of these “siswoo longbows” will have to remain unrooted.

If you really must use root, then I would suggest buying a different phone (direct from authorized retailer), and letting that make do until a sufficient amount of work is done with the knockoffs and newer model chipsets.

samy234
    Participant

Hi, i tried to use the twrp recovery but the phone gets stuck in a bootloop after flashing the recovery and trying to boot to recovery .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.